Sunday, May 22, 2011

Days 2,3,4 & 5: Work Week Review

Helloooooo world.  Interning... it's going good! The past week,  I have been completing most of the same tasks and learning some new ones (steaming, running to get pick-ups..).  They aren't lying when they say that your job is your life because I've been working everyday from 8:45 am-7:45 pm. 11 hours.  In a building with no windows (I didn't even know it down-poured on Friday because we ordered lunch in).  But I love what I am doing and it is really exciting to see the editors work on their up-coming issue's stories, so maybe I'll recognize some of the outfits when the magazine comes out.  And with returning, it is cool to go through the June issue of the magazine and see clothes and be like "I returned that!".  So it makes me feel like I'm actually helping the magazine by doing something, and not just an intern running and getting coffee for someone! Here are some highlights from my past week:

  • Seeing Anna Wintour in the lobby of the Conde Nast building!! (If you don't know, she is like the biggest celebrity of the fashion publication world--she's the long-time Editor-in-Cheif for Vogue.  Meryl Streep's character in "The Devil Wear's Prada" was portrayed after her.  It was basically amazing just seeing here standing there typing on her BlackBerry)
  • Steaming the Editor-in-Cheif's blouse for her shoot! Pretty intimidating task for a first-time steamer, but it went fairly smoothly and I'm convinced I must have a steamer at my house when I get settled living in one city
  • Meeting a friend for a calorie-fest at the Shake Shack after a long work-day on Tuesday
  • Celebrating Friday with Emily by exploring the Gramercy district (we ate at this mexican placed Rodeo Grill and then we stumbled in places called "Plug Uglies" and "The Hairy Monk".... I have nothing to say about this except that it was definitely an interesting experience!)

I haven't mentioned this yet, but there are other interns! Its not just me, so it's nice to have some other girls to talk to while we're working away on the return rack. Most of them are from New Jersey and just take the train into work (I didn't know New Jersey was so close! Geography was never my strongest subject).  It varies day-to-day what interns are working, but on Friday everyone works.  This Friday we all worked really hard and we're out of the building by 7:30.  And after my first long week, I had all this pent-up socialization that I needed to get out because I hadn't seen anyone except on that Tuesday night. So Emily I met up at this place a girl at work suggested, and went from there! See highlight bullet four. 

Needless to say, the weekend takes on a whole new meaning when you work, so I'm very thrilled to have these next two days to do whatever my little heart desires!

Here are the only pictures I took from the week, sorry, I will do better this week about getting people in pictures!

After leaving work at 8:30, this is where I head... 

Emily and I enjoying Happy Hour at this cool bar in the Gramercy District 

Do you think we liked it? Hellooo Weekend! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home